Asia Stocks were mixed in afternoon trade; US-China trade talks continue
Stocks in Asia traded mixed on Tuesday afternoon as investors waited for developments from the second day of U.S.-China trade talks.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 rose more than 1 percent.
- Topix index gained 0.65 percent.
- In South Korea, the Kospi was around 0.10 percent lower.
- Shanghai composite declined by 0.2 percent.
- In Hong Kong, the Hang Seng index rose 0.27 percent.
- The ASX 200 in Australia recovered from earlier losses to see gains of more than 0.7 percent.
- The U.S. dollar index, was at 95.931 after seeing an earlier low of 95.682.
- The Japanese yen, traded at 108.95 after seeing highs around the 108 handle yesterday.
- Australian dollar was at $0.7121 after touching an earlier high of $0.7149.