Asian shares slid Wednesday following another sharp fall on Wall Street
Asian shares slid Wednesday following another sharp fall on Wall Street as fears spread that the growing virus outbreak will put the brakes on the global economy.
- Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 declined 1.1% to 22,357.39.
- Αustralia’s S&P/ASX 200 dipped 2.1% to 6,720.70.
- South Korea’s Kospi lost 1.1% at 2,080.46.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng declined 0.6% to 26,722.29.
- The Shanghai Composite reversed early losses,gaining 0.3% to 3,022.21.
Benchmark crude oil rose 35 cents to $50.25 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It fell $1.53 to $49.90 a barrel Tuesday. Brent crude oil, the international standard, rose 36 cents to $54.62 a barrel.
- The dollar rose to 110.51 Japanese yen from 110.19 yen on Tuesday.
- The euro slid to $1.0868 from $1.0882.