Asian shares were mixed Monday, following a healthy report on U.S. jobs
Asian shares were mixed Monday, following a healthy report on U.S. jobs, while investors cautiously awaited the upcoming trade talks between the U.S. and China.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index was little changed at as of 9:27 a.m. London time.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index fell 0.5%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index was little changed.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index rose 0.2%.
- The pound fell 0.1% to 89.187 pence to the euro.
- The single currency declined 0.1% to $1.0965.
- The Japanese yen strengthened 0.1% to 106.84 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan weakened 0.3% to 7.1326 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries fell two basis points to 1.51%.
- Ireland’s 10-year yield dipped one basis point to -0.045%.
- Germany’s 10-year yield declined two basis points to -0.60%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude rose 0.6% to $53.11 a barrel.
- LME aluminum dipped 0.2% to $1,716 per metric ton.
- LME copper gained 0.4% to $5,663 per metric ton.