Asian Stocks Mixed After U.S. Gains
Asian stocks were mixed in trading thinned by Thursday’s U.S. holiday, following gains on Wall Street that took American shares to a record high.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index rose 0.4% as of 1:42 pm Tokyo time.
- Topix Index rose 0.6%.
- S&P/ASX 200 Index rose 0.5%.
- Kospi Index rose 0.1%
- S&P 500 futures were little changed. The S&P 500 Index closed up 0.8%, hitting the highest on record.
- Hang Seng down 0.1%.
- Shanghai Composite down 0.3%.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index was little changed.
- The euro increased 0.1% to $1.1285.
- The Japanese yen was little changed at 107.83 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan rose 0.2% to 6.8748 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries closed down two basis points to 1.95% Wednesday. Futures were little changed in Asia Thursday.
- Australian 10-year yields were at 1.29%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude slipped 0.5% to $57.05 a barrel.
- Gold was flat at $1,418.88 an ounce.