Asian Stocks Rise on Signs of Growth Upturn
Asian stocks climbed along with U.S. and European futures Tuesday, aided by positive factory activity data and optimism that vaccines will bolster the global economy. The dollar dipped.
- S&P 500 futures rose 0.9% as of 7:03 a.m. in London.
- The S&P 500 Index dipped 0.5%.
- Topix index rose 0.8%.Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index rose 1.1%.
- South Korea’s Kospi index rose 1.7%.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index rose 0.9%.
- Shanghai Composite Index added 1.8%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 futures gained 0.4%.
- The yen traded at 104.37 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan ticked up 0.4% to 6.5610 per dollar.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index dipped 0.3%.
- The euro was at $1.1958, up 0.3%.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries was at 0.84%.
- Australia’s 10-year bond yield rose to 0.2%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude slid 0.6% to $45.06 a barrel.
- Gold ticked up 0.5% to $1,786.27 an ounce.