Asian stocks were higher on Friday; hopes for a break in the US-China trade war.
- Markets in mainland China and South Korea were closed for holidays.
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng () was up 0.3% at market open, gaining ground after posting losses Thursday.
Japan’s Nikkei () jumped nearly 1%.
Markets in mainland China and South Korea were closed for holidays.
- Australia’s S&P/ASX was about flat.
- The yen dipped 0.1% to 108.15 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan added 0.3% to 7.0478 per dollar.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index was little changed.
- The euro bought $1.1069.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries rose two basis points to 1.79%.
- Australia’s 10-year yield added two basis points to 1.17%.
- Japan’s 10-year yield rose about four basis points to -0.168%.
- Gold dipped 0.1% to $1,498.11 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude slipped 0.2% to $54.96 a barrel.