Asian Stocks were mixed, and U.S. and European futures drifted Thursday
Asian stocks were mixed, and U.S. and European futures drifted Thursday after the Federal Reserve signaled U.S. interest rates will remain unchanged throughout 2020 amid a solid economy. Treasuries held gains and the dollar remained lower.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index rose 0.6% as of 7:08 a.m. in London.
- Topix index slipped 0.1%.
- Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index fell 0.7%.
- Kospi index rose 1.5%.
- Hang Seng Index gained 1.3%.
- Shanghai Composite Index fell 0.3%.
- S&P 500 futures rose 0.1%. The S&P 500 Index gained 0.3%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 contracts were little changed.
- The yen traded at 108.59 per dollar, little changed.
- The offshore yuan was little changed at 7.0288 per dollar.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index was little changed.
- The euro rose 0.1% to $1.1141.
- The British pound traded at $1.3215, up 0.1%.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries held at 1.80% after falling five basis points.
- Australia’s 10-year bond yields fell two basis points to 1.13%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude rose 0.2% to $58.87 a barrel.
- Gold traded little changed at $1,474.19 an ounce after jumping 0.7%.