Asian Stocks rose on Tuesday
Asian stocks were higher on Tuesday as investors digested signs of progress on trade negotiations and speculation of government stimulus to shore up economic growth.
- MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan was traded at 0.31%.
- Japan’s Nikkei rose 0.45%.
- The S&P 500 gaining 1.21%.
- The Japanese yen was up 0.1% to 106.56 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan was stable at 7.0746 per dollar.
- The Swiss franc was last quoted at 0.9815 per dollar, near a two-week low.
- The euro traded at $1.1088, up 0.1%.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries fell about two basis points to 1.59%.
- Australia’s 10-year bond yield rose three basis points to 0.94%.
- Oil was mostly steady at above $59 a barrel amid concerns about tensions in the Middle East.
- Gold’s spot price was flat at $1,495.16 after sliding 1.2%.