Asian Shares declined Wednesday morning after shares on Wall Street tumbled overnight stateside.
- The Shanghai composite slipping 1.48%.
- The Shenzhen component declined 2.638%.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index shed 1.16%.
- In Japan, the Nikkei 225 declined 1.57% while the Topix index fell 1.6%.
- South Korea’s Kospi also slipped 0.91%.
- Over in Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 dropped 2.54%.
- Overall, the MSCI Asia ex-Japan traded 1.24% lower.
- The U.S. dollar index, which tracks the greenback against a basket of its peers, was last at 93.51 following its rise earlier this week from levels below 93.0.
- The Japanese yen traded at 105.92 per dollar after an earlier high of 105.82 against the greenback.
- The Australian dollar changed hands at $0.7219 after falling from levels above $0.726 yesterday.
- Oil prices were lower in the morning of Asian trading hours, with international benchmark.
- Brent crude futures down 0.53% to $39.57 per barrel.
- U.S. crude futures were also 0.68% lower at $36.53 per barrel.