Asian shares fell on Thursday and U.S. Treasury yields ticked lower as investors fretted over the slow pace of U.S. stimulus talks and a surge in global cases of COVID-19.
- In morning trade, MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS was down 0.63%.
- Australian shares .AXJO gave up 0.6%, Seoul’s Kospi .KS11 was off 0.59%.
- Chinese blue-chips .CSI300 dropped 1.1%.
- The Nikkei .N225 was 0.69% lower.
- On Thursday, the dollar was 0.11% higher against the yen at 104.67.
- The euro notched down 0.19% to $1.1839.