Asian shares drop as U.S. stimulus talks drag on
Asian shares fell on Thursday and U.S. Treasury yields ticked lower as investors fretted over the slow pace of U.S. stimulus talks and a surge in global cases of COVID-19.
- In morning trade, MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS was down 0.63%.
- Australian shares .AXJO gave up 0.6%, Seoul’s Kospi .KS11 was off 0.59%.
- Chinese blue-chips .CSI300 dropped 1.1%.
- The Nikkei .N225 was 0.69% lower.
- On Thursday, the dollar was 0.11% higher against the yen at 104.67.
- The euro notched down 0.19% to $1.1839.