Asian shares along with U.S and European equity futures climbed as investors took some comfort from further stimulus bill negotiations and the impending deployment of the first vaccine in the U.S. The pound advanced after Brexit talks were extended past a Sunday deadline.
- S&P 500 futures rose 0.5% as of 2:03 p.m. in Tokyo.
- The gauge fell 0.1% on Friday.Japan’s Topix index advanced 0.8%.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng dipped 0.4%.
- South Korea’s Kospi index shed 0.3%.
- Shanghai Composite index climbed 0.3%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 futures advanced 0.4%.
- The yen was at 104.04 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan climbed 0.3% to 6.5236 per dollar.
- The pound rose 0.7% to $1.3314.
- The euro bought $1.2133, up 0.2%.
The yield on 10-year Treasuries was at 0.90%.Australia’s 10-year yield fell two basis points to 0.96%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude added 0.7% to $46.88 a barrel.
- Gold fell 0.3% to $1,835.30 an ounce.