Asian shares logged strong gains on Wednesday after another round of record highs for major indexes on Wall Street.
- Tokyo’s Nikkei 225 index NIK, +1.33% gained 1.2%,
- The Hang Seng HSI, 0.80% in Hong Kong added 1.3%. In South Korea, the Kospi 180721, +2.02% jumped 1.5%.
- Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 XJO, +0.61% advanced 0.7%.
- The Shanghai Composite index SHCOMP, -0.81% inched up less than 0.1%.
- Stocks rose in Taiwan Y9999, +0.21% and Singapore STI, 0.74%.
- In other trading, benchmark U.S. crude oil CLF21, -0.07% shed 12 cents to $45.48 per barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It lost 16 cents to $45.60 per barrel.
- Brent crude BRNG21, -0.10%, the international standard, lost 11 cents to $48.73 per barrel.
The dollar USDJPY, 0.03% was trading at 104.14 Japanese yen, down from 104.19 yen late Tuesday.