Asian shares slid Wednesday following another sharp fall on Wall Street as fears spread that the growing virus outbreak will put the brakes on the global economy.
- Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 declined 1.1% to 22,357.39.
- Αustralia’s S&P/ASX 200 dipped 2.1% to 6,720.70.
- South Korea’s Kospi lost 1.1% at 2,080.46.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng declined 0.6% to 26,722.29.
- The Shanghai Composite reversed early losses,gaining 0.3% to 3,022.21.
Benchmark crude oil rose 35 cents to $50.25 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It fell $1.53 to $49.90 a barrel Tuesday. Brent crude oil, the international standard, rose 36 cents to $54.62 a barrel.
- The dollar rose to 110.51 Japanese yen from 110.19 yen on Tuesday.
- The euro slid to $1.0868 from $1.0882.