Asian stocks looked poised for a mixed start despite another record high for their U.S. peers as tech shares advanced and investors snapped up work-from-home winners.
- S&P 500 futures were little changed as of 7:15 a.m. in Tokyo. The index rose 0.8% on Tuesday.
- Futures on Japan’s Nikkei 225 advanced 0.3%.
- Hang Seng futures earlier slipped 0.4%.
- Futures on Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index climbed 0.4%.
- The yen was at 105.96 per dollar.
- The euro bought US$1.1917.
- The offshore yuan traded at 6.8367 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries fell three basis points to 0.67%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude rose 0.6% to US$43.01 a barrel.
- Gold was at US$1,970.46 an ounce.