Asian stocks retreated on Tuesday as worries about increasing COVID-19 deaths and lockdowns overshadowed optimism about the roll-out of coronavirus vaccinations, just days after indexes hit record highs.
- S&P 500 futures rose 0.2% as of 7 a.m. in London. The S&P 500 Index fell 0.4% Monday.
- Japan’s Topix Index fell 0.5%.
- S&P/ASX 200 Index shed 0.4%.
- Kospi Index fell 0.2%.
- Hang Seng Index dipped 0.6%.
- Shanghai Composite Index declined 0.1%.
- The euro was at $1.2147.
- The Japanese yen was at 104.05 per dollar.
- The British pound rose 0.1% to $1.3343.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries was at 0.89%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude fell 0.5% to $46.75 a barrel.
- Gold added 0.7% to $1,840 an ounce.