Asian stocks climbed with U.S. and European futures on Monday, buoyed by positive sentiment on regional trade and signs of opposition to a national American lockdown despite surging virus cases. The dollar fell.
- S&P 500 Index futures rose 0.8% as of 7:15 a.m. in London.
- The S&P 500 gained 1.4% Friday.
- MSCI Asia Pacific Index climbed 1.4%.Topix index rose 1.7%.Kospi index gained 2%.
- Hang Seng Index climbed 0.6%.
- Shanghai Composite Index rose 1.1%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 futures gained 0.9%.
- The yen advanced 0.1% to 104.53 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan rose 0.5% to 6.5702 per dollar.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index fell 0.2%.
- The euro advanced 0.1% to $1.1848.
- The pound climbed 0.2% to $1.3217.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries dipped to 0.88%.
- Australia’s 10-year bond yield rose one basis point to 0.89%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude jumped 1.6% to $40.76 a barrel.
- Gold was at $1,887.65 an ounce, down 0.1%.