Asian stocks pushed higher Thursday as investors continued to place faith in policy support and shrugged off simmering tensions between Washington and Beijing. The dollar steadied.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index slid 0.1% as of 6:25 a.m. in London.
- The gauge rose 0.8% on Wednesday.Japan’s Topix index rose 0.2%.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index gained 0.5%.
- Shanghai Composite advanced 1.3%.
- Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index rose 0.9%.
- The yen was at 107.28 per dollar, little changed.
- The euro bought $1.1364, up 0.3%.
- The offshore yuan gained 0.2% to 6.9846 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries remained at about 0.66%.
- Australia’s 10-year yield rose three basis points to 0.90%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude slipped 0.2% to $40.83 a barrel.
- Gold was at $1,811.26 an ounce, up 0.1%.