Asian stocks climbed along with U.S. and European futures Tuesday, aided by positive factory activity data and optimism that vaccines will bolster the global economy. The dollar dipped.
- S&P 500 futures rose 0.9% as of 7:03 a.m. in London.
- The S&P 500 Index dipped 0.5%.
- Topix index rose 0.8%.Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index rose 1.1%.
- South Korea’s Kospi index rose 1.7%.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index rose 0.9%.
- Shanghai Composite Index added 1.8%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 futures gained 0.4%.
- The yen traded at 104.37 per dollar.
- The offshore yuan ticked up 0.4% to 6.5610 per dollar.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index dipped 0.3%.
- The euro was at $1.1958, up 0.3%.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries was at 0.84%.
- Australia’s 10-year bond yield rose to 0.2%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude slid 0.6% to $45.06 a barrel.
- Gold ticked up 0.5% to $1,786.27 an ounce.