European stocks struggled for direction and U.S. futures fluctuated as investors reassessed the outlook after American technology giants tumbled and prospects dimmed for fresh stimulus.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index climbed 0.1% as of 8:23 a.m. London time.
- Nasdaq 100 Index futures dipped 0.2%.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index fell 0.1%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index fell 0.5%.
- The British pound dipped 0.6% to $1.3317.
- The Japanese yen weakened 0.3% to 104.57 per dollar.
- The Turkish lira weakened 0.3% to 7.8515 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries decreased one basis point to 0.92%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield dipped three basis points to 0.236%.
- Germany’s 10-year yield fell one basis point to -0.61%.
- Australia’s 10-year yield fell four basis points to 0.9905%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude increased 0.5% to $45.75 a barrel
- Gold weakened 0.2% to $1,836.05 an ounce.Iron ore gained 4.6% to $153.40 per metric ton.
- Platinum decreased 0.3% to $1,015.50 an ounce.